Sonntag, 22. Dezember 2019

Pokemon Fangame - 'Pokemon Reborn' Review 3' - An Army of Slaves (English)



My last Reborn report was over two weeks ago. In these two weeks I achieved a lot for my standards, at least more than in between the first two short reviews. Is that due to my performance or special sophistication? No - I submitted to the game and did what it took to survive - I brought Pokemon to their intended purpose and enslaved them like the worthless data trash they are. They serve me obediently until the day when I no longer need them because a new, overwhelming gym leader has appeared, for which I need ten new guys and lock the old ones in their PC prison. But first things first.



My current status is four badges. I just defeated Shelly.Barely, of course. There’s a video below. To express my feelings about this fangame after they were abyssal in the second report - There are only slight improvements. Reborn is and remains in its conception and difficulty only something for the very, very hard-boiled, the boss fights which follow one another in very high frequency and which make a Binding of Isaac look like a cuddle simulator, regularly send you on the mat if you don’*t change your complete team every time.

I called Reborn unfair - but tend to do this more often in nefariously difficult games. Is Reborn really Unfair? The community says (of course) no. I say yes. The game is unfair and very balanced against the player, but I guess that's just part of the concept - you have to do something about unfairness. While I don't appreciate it to this extent, I was given useful tips on how to proceed.



Because - and this is a very important point in my motivation for the reborn walkthrough including reports - When I translated my first two reports into english made them accessible to the reborn community on platforms such as Reddit or their own forum, the feedback was extremely lively, I was able to actively get in touch with other players and members and talk about my experiences, which is basically a good thing. Of course, it was not all pleasant - but in addition to the expected, elitist-toxic 'This game is not for you / Stop criticizing our sanctuary / Gitgud' reactions of some people, there were at least as many understanding, constructive users which provided extremely useful advice or dealt with my difficulties. A Thank you to these people. It helped, because as much as everyone denies that Reborn is unfair, there was a pattern in every piece of advice - 
'Get other Pokemon. Reborn gives you the opportunity. You have the wrong team. '

In the second report I went into why I hated to do this. But I had to because Reborn is unfair. And the only way to beat this unfair beast was to become a beast yourself - an army of slaves was needed. I went to catch every Pokemon that had the bad luck to encounter me and grinded up each one in countless hours. I changed them regularly against different opponents. It worked. I no longer feel anything towards the little shits, but it works. With slavery to the goal - Pokemon Reborn.



                                                           I see what u did there


                                                          Disturbing story indeed

In that case I no longer play Reborn for the journey with my team, but for the world, the story and the atmosphere. I can live with that. Of course you shouldn't get me wrong - Reborn isn’t exactly easy now. On the contrary, every fight is more than twice as difficult as the last one. And now, after the unbearable fight against Shelly, the fourth gym leader, I have come to the conclusion that the battles in Reborn are currently no longer a pleasure for me. They are just an ordeal that I have to overcome to get through. You have to completely change over and grind your team three or four times before you find the right combination. I have often been accused of not fighting strategically enough - maybe rightly so. I tried that in Shelly's fight and still lost thirty or forty times before it barely worked. But you might also have to take into consideration that I am incredibly busy, work full time and also privately on several projects. I usually play Reborn a few minutes before going to bed to calm down. Yes, in these situations maybe the high standards are not quite right for me and maybe I am not so enthusiastic about the lacking comfort of the battles. 
Here is the corresponding fight against Gym Leader Shelly:


But be it as it may - the battles are handled by my army. And I don't want to say that they no longer have any appeal - careful, strategic defeating Shelly was exciting, but not the forty attempts before. But it should also be noted that the Loli is considered one of the hardest of all gym leaders in the community, so it may go uphill from here on again. 
Ha. Haha. Hahahahahahahahaha. Aaahhhh ...




let's get over to the sunny side of Reborn - I like the story, the characters and the world more and more. In the meantime By now I am quite involved in some stories and characters and I am not even very far in the game. But that's definitely the content I'm playing Pokemon Reborn for. The 'challenge' that I felt at the beginning goes past my poke balls. 
The optical and auditory quality remains high as usual, even if the repetitive pieces are of course annoying.

From pure text, that's enough. Without further ado, let's move on to the clear PRO and CONTRA points, which accumulated to a bunch again.




PRO:
+ The music and atmosphere in Beryl Ward
+ The music in the jungle
+ The cemetery is nice and I could bet there were relevant names among them.
+ The twist with Corey and Team Meteor was pleasant, I like the idea of ​​corrupt gym leaders.
+ I defeated Corey on the first try. At least.
+ Victoria has so far not been really memorable as I have always forgotten her, but with Shelley I was glad that she was there, it was a good feeling to have a sincere companion.
 
+ The suicide on the Beryl Bridge was tough. The ring-thing was of course nonsense, but still depressing, especially the aftermath.
+ The crystal cave was magnificent, the music was top notch again and I appreciated the variety of wild Pokemon. 

 + The asylum was disturbing and extremely fascinating, there was a scary atmosphere. I am very interested in the personalities here and I hope we will hear more from them soon. If that's true with the arena leaders and top 4 members though - WTF?

Shockingly there were also some things to complain about.

CONTRA:

- Why doesn't fire ignite the jungle? (In the Meteor Admin fight. Later at Shellys gym again.)
- The Meteoradmin fights were extremely repetitive at that point ... three times in a short time. Even if I like double fights.
- Why does a Pokemon’s HP drop twice when an attack not only hurts but also lowers a stat value?
- Corey be like 'I'm going back to my gym, past Reborn's blindest, most incapable policemen.'
- Lost a few battles against Victoria because she wants to keep me from competing against Shelly, which I don't want to do. Oh yes, I want because the game wants me to.
- I lost to Victoria a few times because her Torracat was faster than my entire team and sent everyone into the eternal hunting grounds in one fell swoop. It is milky tank milking that in this game you really have to pull ALL strings for every book worm. Literally.
- I hope the Shuckle in the southeast corner of Shellys gym dies at Pokerus after trolling me 15 (!!) times with rest.
- The book puzzle was once again stupid trial & error that had no point aside from stretching the playtime.
- Do you know why your brother in Johto always ignored you, Shelly? BECAUSE YOU CRUSHED HIM WITHOUT MERCY TIME AFTER TIME, YOU LITTLE F***.


Neutral:


+ - On the suicide bridge, rival Fern crossed the line between 'Funny yet annoying rival' and 'disgusting asshole' with bravour. Too bad that Mistress is a soulless shell, otherwise she might have throwed him down right after the first one.
+ - Pokemon logic in the jungle: I have to run around and press three levers
to deactivate a wooden fence
instead of just burning the shit down.
+ - Is the game a single boss run? Defeated two hard  bosses in a row, the next arena leader (Shelly) comes around the corner. Without increasing the levelcap. Cool.
+ - Fern is SO hard in love with me.


According to my text, you might think that I don't really feel like playing the game at the moment. But it is not so. In fact, its just like with the other official pokemon editions after I bought them for the first time - I'm looking forward to a session every day. Sometimes I break it off frustratingly after five minutes, but I willingly come back. Whether it's the story or the world ... who knows.


My current list of slaves:


The names have yet to be adjusted. Best would be numbers.
Merry Christmas. We read each other in the new year. 

- Yoraiko

1 Kommentar:

Lass mich doch wissen, was du denkst!