Sonntag, 10. Mai 2020

Pokemon-Fangame - 'Pokemon Reborn' Walkthrough BONUS 1 -> Postgame, Sidequests, Mods, Shinies, Zecrom-Route





Hello, Pokemon-Weebs! Welcome, occasional reader! Greetings, Reborn Veteran! Hi, cass.


Up there’s a 100%, but I certainly didn’t finish Pokemon Reborn completely in episode 18 - For one, because of the obvious lack of Episode 19. For two, because I have left out some minor side quests. Nevertheless, I have recently used the Reborn wiki and a helpful guide to take care of everything that seemed significant or interesting to me. Now I'm through. Really and fully through until episode 19 arrives. Reborn lays in the Beaten-folder. I still had a bit of fun with the rather meager postgame, mainly through fan mods and cheating.
I won't start a rerun anytime soon.


Whichever way you read this here - in the Reborn forum and Reddit I’m no longer allowed to share my little reports after co-developer cass did not approve of the appearance of her avatar in my last wicked flipchart of characters I like and threw me out in obvious rage, which appears ironic considering that there are characters in Reborn who constantly and at every opportunity spout suggestive one-liners, sexist jokes and calls for coitus. Never mind. Joke’s on you, cass - I just had finished the regular walkthrough.





In this first bonus part and second-last overall part, I first explored the forum's mod market. Surprisingly, there was unfortunately not as much as expected, but rather one or two central mods that change the gameplay.
I installed these two mods:
- Sandbox mode (For all items, Pokemon and settings you 
want, so basically the cheat mode)
- Additional options (Mainly for the Walking Through Walls 
option as it can be fun to take a look behind the scenes)


What I haven't installed yet but maybe will sometime is the 
 Alternate form pack, which 'unfortunately' overwrites the 
entire game and was therefore currently too delicate for me.

I also played around with the GRAPHICS folder of the project 
because Reborn is still a RPG maker project and it is very 
easy to manipulate the in-game graphics. I turned my 
protagonist into Serra as much as possible because she 
is pretty. Not that I don't like Mistress, but a change at the end 
is a nice thing.



It is also 'important' to mention that after playing through 18 episodes of Reborn with my team or my teams, in the end I created a dream team consisting of some of my very favorite Pokemon with the sandbox mode for a few battles.

Those are the new champs:




This is due to the fact that there were no really demanding fights in the postgame or in the side quests anymore and that my actual team deserved a break. While researching for my new team regarding shiny forms, I looked through the entire Reborn Battler folder and saw all the Reborn Shinies.

Reborn Shinies


I was aware that Pokemon Reborn has its shinies. What I didn't know was that almost all Pokemon have a new shiny form and most of them look GREAT. Many of the official shinies are quite ugly, but with a few exceptions(Weezing ...), I hardly noticed anything unpleasant in Amethyst's versions. Damn, some are a pure feast for the eyes. I have selected some personal favorites that I would like to show here briefly.

'I can't believe how delicious pixel Pokemon can look like':




Milotic is incredibly elegant in its normal form, all the more so in its shiny form, but this one really gets the title of 'Most Beautiful Pokemon'. Pink without girly. WOW. To melt away.



Looks highly toxic, but Arceus, these intense colors ... <3


 

Fantastic.  

So unfitting and yet so great. Rainbow Steelix, what more could you want?
   
Shades of gray with a single color usually work well, and Amethyst has done this more often. This is better than the normal suicune.



 



 Clever!!






It's kind of obvious, but it's so creative and funny. +++











R A I N B O W S 







Those wings...!!







Ha ha ha. 




This dull humor is exactly what I need. : D












As I said, almost all of the hundreds of new shinies are a feast for the eyes. Everyone will find something for themselves. A huge compliment to Amethyst (and her team) for the aesthetic sensitivity. It's a shame that 90% of the players will never see 99% of these forms. It would be advisable to add a shiny-option to the pokedex so that you can view all Pokemon regardless of whether they are caught or not in their shiny form. Or something similar. All the nice work would otherwise be almost wasted.


Regarding Walking Through Walls:
I used this to explore the entire map and all areas as much as possible. Unsurprisingly, not much came of it. If you know how the RPG Maker works, you also know that as a creator you have little reason to create something behind the scenes. And so it is that almost everything behind the visible area in Pokemon Reborn ends in a black wall. There isn't even a cheater Easter Egg anywhere, what a shame. Well, it was still practical, and a bit fun.



Now finally to the experienced events:



+ I donated to the Obsidia houses and got an Absolite. Let's see what that brought - it brought a really neat residential complex. I WILL NOT STEAL THOSE BERRIES.

+ Ah, found the discount Greta - Sandy. She invites me to save the world!

+ - I didn’t do the GUMkey quest and only looked it up on brother YT. Was glad about it afterwards.


+ Soooo ... I did the complete ULTRAMEGA POKEMON
quest and defeated Rouge in battle. And AT LAST, FINALLY, 
I got my MOST POWERFUL Magicarp Overlord-Pokemon 
and released it on the spot. Funny quest. But only with a guide.  








+ - What are the glowing stones all over the world for? Probably E19 content.

+ - I bought all TMs and two megastones for Glalie and Metagross. (Sandbox)




+ I visited the iceberg again and found a Lucario to defeat. Then it entrusted me with its egg. Cute.





+ - I have just now discovered the two southern rooms on the first floor of Serra's mansion. Not that it's important, but maybe they should be more obvious.

+ - I ended the Spinell Town-furnituregirl quest NOW and got an EXP share. Yay ...

+ - I don't really see the point behind the trains when you can fly, but okay.

+ - I explored the poisonous Wastelands again and found a cave with a Garbodor I mean Mr. Bigglesworth. He just wanted a hug, but I killed him. Then there was a PULSE machine. I am also not sure if the other cave could be found regularly - I found it by walking through the wall and saw no regular access, and there was a barrier inside that couldn’t get passed. Cheated through and the sign behind called me out for it. So a Cheater Egg after all? There was a fight against Tanhel.


+ The questline with bio-terrorist Sandy is simply gorgeous. And Adrienn entrusts us to 'keep an eye on her', but we shit on Adrienne's instructions and continue to accompany her!



+ Can I, purely hypothetically, want Sandy and Adrienn, in theory only, to get married?

+ Sure Sandy, let's storm the Grand Hall seconds after Adrienn asked you NOT to pull that shit again so Adrienn doesn't lose face. You adorable blockhead! <3 Afterwards, you may get… GROUNDED.

+ Of course Sandy can just sneak into the VIP section, past Adrienn and several guards. : D + okok, she had to hide in a crate. : D

+ The fact that Adrienn doesn't throw me in jail really speaks for Adrienne's good temper. I love how Sandy doesn't care that she's going to be jailed soon. Or maybe not. High-class secondary character. Great sidequest, had to laugh several times.


+ - I only read about Orphanage-Lin through the guide. Called it. Wasn’t hard.

+ Bought all captured Pokemon from 7th street and got a nice arclight scene.


+ - I did the tragic sidequest with Type Zero and the Frankenstein woman who was never allowed to be a mother. Of course I eliminated her disgusting creature and sent it to it’s creator. 
Feels pretty good.

 

+ - So. The Sanctum Key Quest. Honest question: Did anyone complete this quest WITHOUT A GUIDE or any help? I doubt it. I'm not saying I don't appreciate it being there, but it's absurdly complex and, in my eyes, almost impossible to solve if you don't know what to do. And what all the work for? For El's diary. At least it was interesting.


+ - Of course I could criticize the DJ Arclight Mega Ring quest for being the most ridiculous fetch quest in the game - and that MEANS something. But honestly, it's optional and so funny and creative that it doesn't bother me. But probably only with a guide.





Zecrom-Route


I watched the Zecrom-route on Youtube. The game, as I now know, splits into two different paths when you decide to fight Taka in the sewer system or not. I hadn't fought him and got the depressing and story-intensive Reshiram route, in which Titania dumps Amaria, frees herself of her and sentences her to suicide. Taka (Yesssss!) dies and Titania 'helps' us against Team Meteor.


I liked the Zecrom route a lot less, but it was still interesting. Not terribly much changes in the different paths. If at all, you can experience in this route how Titania is a big, fake asshole and Amaria is even more pitiful, because she is less manic and psychotic. Taka saves the day and Serra accompanies us to Calcenon to fight Meteor because Titania is rotting around in nowhere for whatever reason. OK. It's a good thing that I intuitively chose the route that was clearly 'stronger' for me personally.








Conclusion




If you deal with the side quests, the optional features and details of the project, you will notice how much is slumbering beneath the surface.


Of course there is still a lack of post content, which will hopefully be solved with E19. The extra part here was definitely worth it again, and makes me appreciate the overall construction more.


Next time we're reading us for E18 for the last time, for the legendary and notorious WAIFU WARS - who is the ultimate reborn waifu?


Spoiler: cass isn’t. Nobody likes people who can't laugh about themselves.

 

See you next time from Mexico's worst Reborn reviewer! <3
- Yoraiko

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Lass mich doch wissen, was du denkst!